Clients buy results not software
We help clients manage change efficiently and gracefully by simplifying development of software solutions required to meet their change management goals. We have simplified development of software solutions by identifying key challenges faced by clients in their change management initiatives and evolving an engagement model that addresses them.
Figure: The root cause for frustration with prevailing approaches is the way they define project scope, change requests and contract duration. Exility provides clients better business alignment, risk management and cost predictability.
Software product and service providers limit scope based on 'how' software will work rather than 'what' it achieves. No wonder most clients feel software projects fail to deliver results. Clients face the following buying experience today:
- Vendor contracts are based on technical requirements, which are of poor clarity to start with and evolve as project progresses. Such evolution is however considered as 'changes' to scope although there is no change in business intent. Changes result in cost escalations.
- Very often, despite best efforts, there is a significant gap in benefits measured after software implementation and those committed in business case. Therefore software needs to be modified so that benefits promised are realized. Since these changes cannot be quantified upfront, Vendors hesitate to sign contracts beyond initial implementation. Therefore clients are exposed to risk of modifying the software in the long run.
Exility engagement model
Our approach, Exility, enables us to manage requirements better and develop software that’s easier to change. Key aspects of how Exility is a 'game changer':
- Scope is based on business purpose or 'Purpose of Product', not technical requirements
- No restriction on change requests – there are no extra costs as long as changes do not alter 'Purpose of Product'
- Fixed price for a longer term that includes 'lifecycle costs', i.e., ongoing enhancements, support and technology driven changes.
- Exility improves the way requirements are gathered and validated with users. We play back our understanding to users through visual components instead of technical documents. Users can provide feedback on functionality and usability early in the life cycle thus reducing risk of changes during User Acceptance Test.
Software solution providers are ultimately partners in a client’s transformation journey. It is therefore important that Clients set higher expectations and demand better support from their software partners. Through Exility, we have prepared ourselves to be better and more committed partners by directly addressing key challenges that Clients face today.