Business Intelligence & Analytics
Expertise across layers
Figure 1 –The schematic outlines our expertise across BI tools and technologies. We have assisted our clients in selecting the required tools, processes and technologies and then integrating the same to achieve the desired result.
- Data integration and ETL: The source data for BI solution comes from variety of sources such as relational databases, flat files, XML, message oriented middleware or unstructured sources. We have expertise in using tools such as Informatica, JBOSS, JCM and Data integrator to build the ETL and data integration layer. These tools are used for extracting and transforming the data from disparate sources and load them into data warehouse or application marts. We have also implemented ETL solutions with custom scripting.
- Data warehousing: We bring a full complement of skills to any data warehouse engagement while preparing customer’s internal team to own the development process and production environment in the long term. We have experience on different platforms like SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle and Teradata. Our data warehousing services includes dimensional data modeling using tools like Erwin, Visio or Excel (for small set), logical & physical database design, implementation, post-implementation follow-up, enhancements, proactive maintenance and performance tuning. We believe it’s important to understand the data and therefore bring in not just technical skills, but also experience in functional areas.
- Reports & alerts for operational executives: We work closely with customer’s business and technology teams to understand the current reporting environment, defining information gaps and developing future-state information delivery architecture. We help our clients deliver the information to internal stakeholders, business end-users and audiences outside their organization through different modes. Reports could be canned reports, ad-hoc reports, real-time queries or OLAP capability to slice and dice the data. Alerts could be sent to users based on pre-configured rules based on specified conditions or events. Our team has experience using standard tools like MS Excel, Crystal reports, Oracle reports, Business Objects, Cognos and custom solutions.
- Dashboards & scorecards for senior management: Standard reports designed for operational purpose; don’t meet visualization requirements of executives. We work closely with customer’s senior management to understand the executive reporting requirements. These typically will be summary reports at corporate, company or individual business unit level. We have implemented Dashboard or Scorecard to provide senior management an insight into trends, patterns and help them in decision making process.
- Data analytics for analysts & senior management: The reports, dashboards and scorecards examine what happened in the past but provide less of analytical insight. Quite often, it will be required to analyze the impact of potential strategic actions. Using analytics, we assist our clients to perform “what-if” scenario analysis. Data analytics will help uncover relationships and patterns in large volume of data and to identify actionable insights. We have used SAS and Business Objects suite of tools to implement analytics for our clients. Implementing analytics makes a lot of sense once data warehouse has significant amount of data.
- Web portals: We have helped our clients to present the information in real time to internal stakeholders, business end-users and audiences outside the organization through easy-to-use web portals. We deliver such portal solutions in a manner that materially improves customer experience over the prevailing approaches, i.e., package and custom software. This is made possible by having supporting tools, technologies and processes in place.