This Policy applies to EXILANT websites, services and products that collect data and display these terms, as well as their offline product support services. It does not apply to EXILANT sites, services and products that do not display or link to this Policy or that have their own privacy policies.
This Policy is deemed to be part of the contracts / agreements under which the website or services and products to which this Policy is applicable are made available. If you use the website or services and products to which this Policy applies, you are deemed to have given consent to this Policy under which your Personal Information (as defined below) is collected, used, disclosed and secured by EXILANT. If you are not in agreement with the Policy and if you choose not to provide any Personal Information that is mandatory to process your request, EXILANT may not be able to provide the corresponding services.
INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
Personal Information shall mean any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate the person, to whom such information pertains including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, and identification number.
In general, you may browse our website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. However, certain information such as your IP address, demographics, your computers’ operating system, and browser type may be collected. In order to provide relevant content based on your preferences, when you register to our website, we require you to provide us with certain Personal Information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and details related to user ID creation.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, EXILANT may use and share the Personal Information that it collects for the following purposes:
- EXILANT may use Personal Information to engage in transactions with you.
- EXILANT may use Personal Information along with, financial, credit card, and payment information, to process your transactions.
- EXILANT may use Personal Information to conduct online “Click to Chat” and “Click to Call” sessions.
- EXILANT may use Personal Information to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better services to customers and end users. The completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- EXILANT may use Personal Information in order to provide better usability, troubleshooting, site maintenance, and to understand which parts of the website are visited and how frequently.
- EXILANT may use your Personal Information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar operational communications.
- EXILANT may use your Personal Information to notify you about new product releases and service developments, and to advertise EXILANT’s products and services in accordance with this Policy.
- If you consent, EXILANT may share your Personal Information with other selected partners that offer complementary products or services.
- EXILANT posts testimonials that may contain Personal Information. Prior to posting a testimonial, EXILANT will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you choose to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us.
- EXILANT and its partners may engage in joint sales or product promotions. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both EXILANT and the partner(s) will have access to that information, and either EXILANT or its partners may provide you the sales or product promotion information. Each party will be responsible for managing their own use of the Personal Information collected for the joint sale or product promotion. EXILANT recommends you to review the privacy policies of these partners to address any questions you have regarding their handling of your information.
- If you elect to use our referral service to inform a friend about our products or services, we will ask you for the friend’s contact information. EXILANT will then send your friend a one-time contact related to your referral request. EXILANT uses the Personal Information you provide in this situation solely for the purpose of sending the one-time contact and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact EXILANT through our inquiry form to be removed from the referral program.
- EXILANT may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by EXILANT or one of its partners.
- EXILANT also may share Personal Information with third parties who provide services to EXILANT, such as credit card processing services, order fulfillment, analytics, event / campaign management, web site management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services. When EXILANT shares Personal Information with third party service providers, EXILANT will require that they use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with this Policy.
- EXILANT may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce EXILANT’s terms and conditions; (e) to protect EXILANT’s operations or those of any of EXILANT’s affiliates; (f) to protect EXILANT’s rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of its affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow EXILANT to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that EXILANT may sustain. Additionally, EXILANT may decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is EXILANT’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
TRANSFER AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
As a global company, EXILANT may operate multiple websites around the world. Any data and information that you volunteer or that is otherwise collected on one of EXILANT’s sites in any one country may be sent electronically to a server for one of these sites in another country. EXILANT safeguards your privacy interests around the world by ensuring that this EXILANT website will adhere to EXILANT’s data protection principles.
Companies in the EXILANT Group may use the information internationally in connection with processing your inquiries and orders, to help improve services and for processing and storage.
EXILANT may also share such information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support, or providing you with information on products and services that may be of interest to you, after ensuring that such entities are contractually bound by data privacy obligations.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
To enhance the user experience with EXILANT’s website, EXILANT may use “cookies.” Cookies are text files that EXILANT may place in your device that you use to access EXILANT’s website. Cookies are used to record various aspects of your visit and assist EXILANT to provide you with uninterrupted service.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save your time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information and to display your personalized content and targeted advertising on your later visits to these sites.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify the browser setting to decline cookies if the you so prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of EXILANT’s website and services that depend on cookies, and some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. For example, in Internet Explorer 8, you can delete cookies by selecting “Tools”, “Delete browsing history”. Then select the control box “Cookies” and click the “Delete” button. If you choose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
EXILANT’s web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on EXILANT’s website and allows EXILANT to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. EXILANT may include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or EXILANT’s newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
EXILANT may also employ Web beacons from third parties in order to help EXILANT compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of EXILANT’s promotional campaigns or other operations of Exilant sites. EXILANT prohibits Web beacons on its sites from being used by third parties to collect or access your Personal Information.
Finally, EXILANT may work with other companies that advertise on EXILANT’s websites to place Web beacons on their sites in order to allow EXILANT to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on a EXILANT website results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser’s site.
EXILANT adopts reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures that includes administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard your Personal Information.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
EXILANT will not retain your Personal Information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
EXILANT provides all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding products and services. If you want to remove your contact information from EXILANT’s list and newsletters, please send EXILANT an email at [insert email address].
You understand that there may be instances where third party partners may send you materials regarding their products and services. In these cases, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out, and not have your Personal Information shared with such third party partners.
AMENDING THIS POLICY
EXILANT may amend this Policy from time to time as EXILANT adds new products and services, as EXILANT improves its current offerings, and as technologies changes. However, EXILANT’s commitment to protect the privacy of Personal Information will continue to remain. If EXILANT makes any material or substantive changes in its treatment of Information collected while providing the Services, EXILANT will notify the Customer by posting a clear and conspicuous notice of these changes in this Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact EXILANT through our Website or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If, at any time, your contact information changes, or you would like to verify or change the information EXILANT has in its records about you, please write to EXILANT at email@example.com.